We all know that summers can be super hot and temperatures can soar for months on end. If you wear wigs during the hotter months of the year, there is no reason why you cannot keep them looking cute. If you are a fan of lace front wigs, you will love them because of their natural looking appearance and how easy they are to manage. Plus, the lace provides added ventilation at the base of the wig. However, the two types which provide the highest amount of ventilation in hot weather are called capless wigs and full lace wigs.
Capless ones have vertical straps which hair tracks are sewn onto. The tracks are sewn horizontally. This provides several pockets where there is no coverage, allowing the scalp to breathe. These ones are usually the cheapest type of hair unit you will find, and they come in all types of textures and color combinations.
Full Lace Wigs
Full Lace units are self described. Then entire cap is made with lace, allowing for maximum scalp ventilation. These ones will allow you to wear any style as the lace gives the entire unit a natural look including the hairline. There are no limitations when it comes to styling but just make sure you lay it well with glue or tape to ensure that the hairline does not kink up on you.
Which One Should You Wear?
During the hotter months, we tend to be more active. You may wonder whether you should be wearing human hair wigs or synthetic wigs. If you are looking to buy one soon and you need this question answered, you need to take four main things into account:
1. Where you intend to wear the unit.
2. What activities you will be partaking in while wearing it.
3. How often you wear it.
4. The size of your budget.
Let’s start with the most obvious one, your budget. If you will be wearing your unit frequently, you may want to invest in one made from human hair. For less frequent wear, a synthetic wig may be more suitable. Human Hair units can take more abuse. Once the hair is good quality and is truly genuine 100% Human Hair, then there should be no issues with daily wear.
On the other hand, Synthetic Wigs need a little more care. Since they are made from synthetic fibers, they cannot behave completely like their Human Hair kind. Frequent wearing may shorten the life of the unit and if the hair is not good quality, tangling can be a nightmare if exposed to the wrong conditions.
10 General Rules for Wig Care:
1. If you wear your unit on the daily, wash at least once a week.
2. Always use a good quality moisturizing shampoo and a rich conditioner.
3. For curly or wavy hair, a good leave-in conditioner will infuse even more moisture into hair strands.
4. Never wring or twist hair while washing or when wet.
5. When shampooing the hair always finger comb only.
6. If the hair is straight, wavy or has a loose curl, you can comb with a wide toothed comb.
7. Whether you are combing wet or dry hair, start from the ends and work your way toward the roots. The same technique applies to brushing (only brush dry hair).
8. For tight curls, never use a comb or brush, finger comb only.
9. If you must blow dry, do so on a low heat and with low air flow.
10. Always use heat protectant on wigs before heat styling.
Taking Your Activities into Consideration
If you are one who frequently goes to the beach or in the pool during the summer, make sure that you properly protect your wig by wearing a snug fitting swim cap. This will protect the hair from harsh substances such as chlorine from the pool and sea salt from sea water. Always remember to ensure that your edges too are well covered. In the event that the cap slips, or comes off it is very important to wash the unit and your own hair using the above steps to prevent damage to the wig and to your real hair.
Summer sun can be unforgiving. It can be somewhat harsh on your hair. If hair is not well protected with product, you may experience increased dryness. That is why it is important to use light hair oils and silicone products which will coat the hair strands, protect them from the heat and the elements and keep your wig looking cute all summer.